Information we collect
When you make a donation or submit information using an online form (e.g. newletter sign up, urgent action, etc), T.E.R.R.E.Liban may collect any of the following information that you have provided:
- Information that you provide when registering for one of our newsletters or events (e.g. your name and email address);
- Information that you provide when donating to T.E.R.R.E.Liban (e.g. your name, email address and payment details);
- Information that you provide when filling out the contact form on the website (e.g. your name, email address and phone number);
- Information related to email deliverability and user experience (e.g. if opened, links clicked).
Information about how you use our website (e.g. the pages visited, the type of browser and operating system used, and the referral page if applicable) is collected in aggregate and will not be attributed to you as an individual.
How we use your information
T.E.R.R.RE.Liban may use your information to:
- Send you newsletters, action alerts, event invitations, and appeals if you have opted to receive them;
- Process your payments if you have made a donation;
- Understand, improve, and optimize our email communication and related experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- Assist with questions or requests.
When our website asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers), that information is encrypted and is protected in accordance with the latest Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted to only employees who need the information to perform a specific job. All of our databases are password-protected to ensure that unauthorized users cannot access sensitive data.
In the event of any suspected personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach as legally required.
Third party vendors
To use certain features of T.E.R.R.RE.Liban’s website (such as making online donations), we may require you to provide to our third party payment processor, certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of donations. All financial information will be collected directly by third party payment processors according to their privacy policies.
T.E.R.R.RE.Liban’s website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). The website uses no cookies, except those necessary for analytics.
Links to other websites
Sharing of information
T.E.R.R.RE.Liban will never share your information with a third party without your express consent. As noted above, however, our website and emails may contain links to third party sites.